1. If you are coming by flight, then you can reach venue through cabs. It is roughly 32 kms from airport and should cost you approximately 500/-.
2. Reaching Hyderabad by a train and getting down at the Hyderabad (Nampally) station would be the easiest way to reach us. The institute is 16km from Nampally railway station. From the railway station one can take an auto or APSRTC bus (Nos: 216 & 217) to reach IIIT-H. The auto would cost around Rs.110/- and bus fare would be around Rs.12/-.
3. If one is coming from Secunderabad station which is around 23km from IIIT-H, the auto fare would be roughly around Rs.150. One can take an APSRTC bus to Mehdipatnam (Nos:5 & 49M), and another bus from Mehdipatnam to IIIT-H (Nos: 216, 217).
4. Some trains, especially those coming from Bombay, stop at Begumpet Railway Station which is about 16km from IIIT-H. If you plan to come by bus, take bus No.49M from there to reach Mehdipatnam and then another bus (Nos: 216 & 217) to reach IIIT-H. An auto from Begumpet Rly Stn to IIIT-H direct might cost your around Rs.100/- (approx.)
5. Some trains from Mumbai also stop at Lingampalli, which is just 7 kms from IIIT-H. Autorickshaws and shared mini-taxis (tempos) are available.
6. If one is reaching Hyderabad by bus and getting down at Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station, then one can reach the campus by APSRTC bus numbered 216 or 217 which would cost around Rs.15/-. (Note: Bus numbers 216K and 216L do not go via the institute campus).
N.B. Sometimes autos at the Railway stations may refuse to come to Gachibowli particularly, if you arrive late in the evening. You can then take an auto till Mehdipatnam and then take another auto to Gachibowli from Mehdipatnam.
3 wheelers or .Autos. are fairly popular in Hyderabad. Slightly larger shared-ride 7-seaters will charge by distances, usually Rs.3/- per km. They travel on fixed routes. The smaller .3-seaters. are metered and charge Rs.8/- per km (min. Rs.10/-)